Securing sufficient funding to provide services and facilities for local people is an ongoing task. We are constantly striving to :
- Keep our garden open for the whole community
- Support vulnerable families with young children
- Support adults with learning difficulties and mental health issues
- Give children access to nature and the chance to explore and discover
- Give people access to open space who don’t have their own garden
1. We need to raise a total of £15,500 to keep our weekend play open!
Please click here to support us: https://localgiving.org/appeal/children/
With your support, we will be able to continue with our weekend play program providing a safe place for children to meet and make friends in order to improve their well-being and their families and the wider community. The finances for the appeal are broken down as £15,000 to employ 2 play staff and £500 to pay the running costs of the facilities where we have developed our program and pay for equipment.
We deliver a program of environmental activities that give local children and young people a chance to develop an understanding and appreciation of the natural environment alongside sports activities, cooking, games, arts & crafts and more. Also, the children will participate in workshops/discussions (including parents/carers), directed to different age groups, mentored by the staff like E-safety: We give handouts for the children/Young people/parents to keep about and Anti-bullying workshop.
2. Become a Friend of the Calthorpe Project
£100 annually or £80 for unwaged. When you become a friend you will receive 4 newsletters annually, free entrance to 2 annual events and 50% reduction for children’s parties.
What our users say about us
“It’s very cramped at home, as we live in a one bed, coming here is a godsend” local parent
“I’ve been coming here since I was three and really miss it when I don’t come. I come mostly to use the pitch. I was spotted here for my football skills, now I play for Brentford” Kris aged 10